The Quest Native Spirit Kick Tail longboard is relatively inexpensive board and is great for someone looking to get into longboarding. This 40-inch longboard features a 7 ply all-hardwood maple deck with its Aztec inspired design, making it a great looking board. For its affordable pricing, this board certainly packs a punch in terms of what comes with it. Here are some of the features that make the Quest Native Spirit Kick Tail longboard among the highest rating longboards among beginners.
Key Features of the Quest Native Spirit Kick Tail Longboard
- Kicktail. The kicktail in the Quest Native Spirit Kick Tail longboard is a plus even if you think you won’t be needing one now. The inclusion of the kicktail in this longboard makes it extremely easy to do quick turns, tricks and pop up and down curbs.
- 7 Ply Hardwood Maple. The 7 ply hardwood maple deck of this longboard flexes very little, is durable and long lasting.
- Rugged and Lightweight 6-inch Trucks. The Quest Native Spirit Kick Tail longboard showcases 6-inch aluminum trucks that have a reverse kingpin configuration. The 6-inch trucks that comes with this longboard not only allow for smooth riding, but also allows for a responsive control of the board.
- 70mm PU Wheels. 70mm diameter polyurethane wheels that come with the Quest Native Spirit Kick Tail longboard are durable. PU wheels are common among skateboard and longboard wheels because they provide a good “grip” to the ground. In general, the diameter of longboard wheels have diameters in the range of 65mm to 75mm. The higher diameter wheel translates into a higher speed but lower acceleration. This longboard’s 70mm PU wheels are perfectly in the middle of this spectrum of speed and acceleration which is ideal for beginners.
- ABEC 7 Rated Bearings. Precision bearings have a rating between numbers 1 and 9 with higher numbers assigned to bearings which are manufactured against a higher standard of precision. This longboard which comes with ABEC 7 rating bearings are fairly high precision and good quality bearings. Most certainly, these bearings are well above average.
- The longboard’s 7 ply all-hardwood maple deck and its Aztec inspired design looks great together.
- Sturdy deck construction.
- Suitable for those looking to try out longboarding on a small budget.
- Inclusion of the kicktail in the longboard.
- Provides a smooth and responsive ride.
- This longboard is not only affordable, but its deck is durable, which makes it an awesome deal those looking for a beginner board.
- This is not quite a con but if you’re specifically looking for a flexible longboard, this may not be the one you’re looking for since it does not flex much.
This longboard is very similar to the Quest Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo longboard in that they are both manufactured by the same company. The only major differences include the deck length, truck width and deck material. All in all, this board is a great beginner board for someone looking to get into longboarding. More specifically, this is a great longboard for someone who will be focusing on using the longboard for cruising and as means of transportation. At this price point, it’ll be a great gift for just any occasion, be it birthdays, Christmas, or even doing well in exams.