|Product Name:||Quest Rorshack Bamboo Longboard|
|Bearings Rating:||ABEC 5|
|Trucks:||6-inch Aluminum Trucks (Reverse Kingpin)|
|Shipping Weight:||6.35 pounds; Item Weight: 6.0 pounds|
Some of the key features, pros and cons of the Quest Rorshack Bamboo longboard are discussed below.
Key Features of the Quest Rorshack Bamboo Longboard
- Hybrid Deck Material. This Quest Rorshack Bamboo longboard’s deck is made up of a combination of bamboo and hardwood maple material. The bamboo layer acts as the bottom layer to add more flex to the board. In addition to that, bamboo is lighter and stronger than hardwood maple which is very common among longboard decks.
- Kicktail. Like its big brother, the Quest Rorshack Bamboo longboard has a kicktail which is extremely useful for maneuvering the longboard. After all, kicktails are fun!
- Rugged Aluminum Trucks. The Quest Super Cruiser Rorshack Bamboo longboard features 6-inch rugged aluminum trucks which perform decently.
- ABEC 5 Rated Bearings. This longboard is equipped with ABEC 5 precision bearings which are manufactured against a somewhat average standard.
- 65mm PU Wheels. The 65mm diameter polyurethane wheels that come with this longboard are durable and long lasting. The Quest Rorshack Bamboo longboard’s wheel diameter of 65mm is smaller than typical wheel diameter for longboards. As a result, you’ll be able to accelerate faster with this longboard.
The Quest Rorshack Bamboo longboard, like its bigger brother, the Quest Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo has many pros for you should definitely be aware of.
- Simple, yet nice looking longboard.
- Unique hardwood maple and bamboo hybrid deck construction. The addition of bamboo into the deck construction of this board helps make it more durable and lightweight.
- Easy to carry around given that it only weighs 6.0 pounds!
- The fact that Quest included a kicktail in this longboard’s deck is great since it makes maneuvering the board much easier.
- The deck on this longboard is concaved, which allows for a better traction between your shoes and the board.
- Performs well for a starter board at this price point.
- Suitable board for many different riding styles including cruising and carving.
- Inexpensive price point. This longboard is a great board to start with if you’re a beginner given its inexpensive price point.
- This is a con for those of you looking for a flexible longboard. While bamboo which is inherently flexible is added to the bottom layer of this board, this longboard is fairly stiff and not very flexible.
Insider Tips for the Quest Rorshack Bamboo Longboard
Like the stock bearings that come with the Quest Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo longboard, the bearings for this longboard aren’t the smoothest ones around. This makes sense if you consider that the longboard was designed to cater beginners. That being said, if you’re looking to make riding on this board even smoother, getting new bearings such as Bones Bearings can help. These bearings cost about $20; so, changing out the bearings is not a costly investment.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the longboard wheels do have a diameter of 65mm rather than 70mm, which I’ve found as the common diameter listed for this product on many catalogs online.
We definitely recommend the Quest Rorshack Bamboo longboard to anyone who’s looking for a great starter board to get into longboarding. Both the Rorshack Bamboo and Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo longboards by Quest are not only highly rated, but often highly recommended for beginners. For the price that you’ll be paying for this longboard, you’ll be getting one of the best beginner longboards in the market. Down the road, beginners could also change out some parts on this longboard such as the bearings and the wheels to make it ride smoother and to learn more about longboards in general. In conclusion, you should strongly consider getting the Quest Rorshack Bamboo longboard for anyone who’s looking to get into longboarding.